Thursday 17 October 2013

Freelance Work - jSleep

After working at the Encounters festival here in Bristol I bumped into a filmmaker named Oliver Purches. He was one of the industry mentors of one of my fellow graduates on the course at Falmouth. He offered me a short-term opportunity to help work on a 60 second whiteboard animation.

The idea of producing something like this was a bit daunting but I couldn’t pass this opportunity up. The turnaround for the whole film was really quick. I spent about one day roughing out some simple storyboards from the brief that was given by the client.



Then we spent one day working on the production of the footage we would need. The set up was nothing like I have ever worked with. I was drawing onto an angled whiteboard from the right hand side. On top of this I had to keep clear of the camera perched up on a table behind me looking down upon the board. It was challenging but fun to work with the limitations and work with other professionals.





Overall it was fun to work one of my first proper bits of freelance work and I look forward to my next project. Also on a side note, I will be working at the Bradford Animation Festival this year and I can't wait to do some more networking while I am there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment